Capital Punishment for Drug Offenses (Death Penalty and Extrajudicial Killings)
- Death Penalty Information Center: Overview of Federal Laws Providing for the Death Penalty
- The death penalty for drug offenses represents a violation of human and civil rights, it's not an effective deterrent, and it's counterproductive. For more information check out Harm Reduction International's "Death Penalty for Drug Offences: Global Overview 2020".
Page last updated April 14, 2021 by Doug McVay, Editor.
1. Capital Punishment for Drug Offenses in the US - Federal Law
Federal death penalty law: 18 USC § 3591(b)
2. Global Overview of Capital Punishment for Drug Offenses
" There are at least 33 countries and territories that prescribe the death penalty for drug offences in law.
3. Federal Offenses Eligible for Death Penalty
US Attorneys Manual. Criminal Resource Manual. Capital Eligible Statutes Assigned by Section. Last accessed April 14, 2021.